Prysmian Group North America returns to the Power Delivery Intelligence Initiative (PDi2) as a board level member, reinforcing the Group’s global leadership in the energy and telecom cable systems industry.
As an industry-leading resource, PDi2’s mission is to increase awareness about options for underground power infrastructure by utilizing data to provide objective means to evaluate the process and planning of appropriate underground installations. As a members-only group, PDi2 is comprised of professionals from the power industry value chain including materials suppliers, cable makers, installers, equipment and accessory manufacturers and engineering firms. Prysmian Group North America is one of 13 member organizations to join PDi2 and transcend the way the world thinks about its power infrastructure.
“As an inaugural member, we are pleased to have Prysmian Group rejoin our growing membership for PDi2. Their expertise, along with that of our other member organizations, will help us achieve our mission to grow awareness of the need for data-driven decisions when evaluating investments for power infrastructure.”
Chairman at PDi2
PDi2 member organizations work to address the following objectives in North America:
- Help utilities justify investment decisions based on data-driven life-cycle cost analysis
- Educate stakeholders on all technology and construction options to determine the most viable, reliable and cost-effective solution for installation of transmission and distribution systems
- Convey qualitative value of underground to all stakeholders
- Develop common methods by which cable systems can be evaluated from both a utility and public value perspective
- Communicate the methodology to utilities, individual state utility commissions and other influencers
- Actively promote developed models as an enabler for grid extension in North America with all members of the value chain – including utilities
- Influence more actively as part of the North America power industry
Landry Molimbi, Head of Asset Management and Prysmian Electronics, Prysmian Group North America, will be the member representative for PDi2. Molimbi is responsible for leading all asset management and product development activities for high and medium-voltage partial discharge testing/monitoring services, and innovative solutions for high voltage and power distribution in North America.