The best on land, the best
for the land
As the world leader in energy cable systems on land, Prysmian Group solutions are designed to deliver maximum performance, with minimal impact on the world around them. Through a strong focus on research and development, constant technological innovation and ability to offer customers the best in total cost of ownership. We offer the complete range of products, solutions and services required for all high-voltage and extra-high-voltage cable systems.
We power the world
Take a deep dive into Prysmian’s high-voltage underground cables system and solution. Prysmian Group is the undisputed leader in high-voltage land cable systems and solutions that are fundamental parts of power grids across the world.
Worldwide leader with North America production capabilities
Prysmian’s Abbeville, SC, facility is home to a vertical continuous vulcanization line for the production of high-voltage (HV) and extra-high-voltage (EHV) cables. Added in 2009 as part of a $46 million investment into the facility, the line provides state-of-the-art EHV production technology, giving customers world-class products produced domestically. Since beginning production, the vertical continuous vulcanization line has supplied power cables to major utilities and industrial customers around the world to support over 300 projects. That’s approximately six million feet of high-voltage cable. That is equivalent to the distance between New York City and Tampa, FL.
Complete HV Cable Systems
Prysmian employs a North American-based organization of engineering and operations personnel dedicated to providing turnkey high-voltage underground project services from cable and accessory installation and termination services to onsite testing, asset monitoring and support. Our team has experience with the largest and most complicated projects ever installed in North America. Prysmian’s locally based project team allows us to self-perform 100% of critical project tasks ranging from preliminary engineering through final commissioning testing. The integrated nature of our group ensures that projects can be executed to the highest standards with the greatest efficiency.
Local Installation Experience
In addition to being the world’s largest HV/EHV cable manufacturer, Prysmian is one of the largest cable installation contractors in North America, capable of managing multiple large-scale projects across the country. Prysmian’s dedicated team of installers specialize in HV/EHV cable installation, resulting in unparalleled experience and competence to complete the most challenging activities. The absence of third-party contractors prevents external coordination and planning issues from impacting project schedules.
- Experienced HV/EHV installers, engineers, technicians and project managers
- HV installation and site management services
- HV splicing and termination service
HV/EHV Commissioning Testing
Prysmian offers onsite commissioning testing as well asset condition assessment services:
- On-Site AC HiPot Commissioning Testing as per IEC 60840 and IEC 62067
- Testing of up to 500 kV cables at 1.7U0 via extension set
- Terminal Partial Discharge Testing for short, non-jointed cable systems
- Daisy chained Partial Discharge (PD) Testing Solution for jointed cable systems
- Testing of sheath bonding systems
Asset Condition Assessment Services
- Visual inspection of cable system
- Manhole inspections
- Cable system faults and failure investigation
- Lowering in-service fault via periodic or permanent on-line Partial Discharge (PD) Monitoring via PRY-CAM PD Technology
- Permanent installation of non-invasive external PD sensor (differential field probe)
- If PD is present in an HV joint, exact location of PD source within the joint via scanning