Inter-array Cable Systems
We lead the way in technological development, being the first to market with 66 kV inter-array cable systems under a Carbon Trust program in the UK, meeting the requirements of offshore wind park developers and enabling reductions of up to 15% in capital expenditure for their projects. In other fields, our systems specifically designed and constructed for use with non-anchored wind turbines in deeper waters, using our rigorously tested dynamic cables, which have an enhanced ability to withstand mechanical fatigue over the entire expected life of a system, are changing the game for wind farm development. In short, we provide the means to ensure the future sustainable and reliable supply of renewable energy to consumers today.
Prysmian provides turnkey interarray cable systems, delivering projects with a comprehensive EPCI approach. We offer complete cable system solutions and services for our Clients projects, considering innovative approaches, utilizing our extensive engineering resources, manufacturing facilities, and wide range of installation vessels and burial equipment, under our own dedicated project management, to provide cost and technically efficient cable connections within the offshore wind parks.
Lean engineering for greater
We’re hard at work investing, developing and mastering leaner engineering processes, considering innovative products, tools and methodologies to meet all our customers’ needs. Independent studies have shown that inter-array cables operating at higher voltage levels, such as our 66 kV inter-array cable systems, offer considerable advantages, particularly increased cost-effectiveness reducing the capital expenditure significantly for such wind farms in comparison to the currently more widely applied 33 kV systems.
- Two times more power can be transported over a single array cable at this higher voltage level, thus reducing the length of cable required, and consequently the cable and installation costs.
- Because fewer cables are entering the offshore substation in question, the number of J-tubes, transformers and switches, as well as the space these items require can be reduced.
- More unit power is provided to reduce the number of turbines and associated array cables.
- Our 66 kV inter-array cable systems are approved by the Carbon Trust Offshore Wind Accelerator Programme.
Prysmian in action
- More than 800 km of inter-array cables supplied up to now.
- More than 500 km of inter-array cables installed up to now.